Character Workshop : Character Ideas Thread -- OCs

This is where we work on ensuring that the characters in our roleplay meet the very strict standards we have set for them.
If you want to be evaluated to become part of the RP community - RP Community Applications
If you want to have create a OC or take a Canon character - Character Applications

Moderators: Patches, Moderators

Ayakashi-san
Militia Officer
Militia Officer

Character Workshop : Character Ideas Thread -- OCs

Postby Ayakashi-san » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:19 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. This is the tree here speaking, and under internet-sama's wonderful suggestion, I've created this thread where one can post their character ideas and work out with others how to develop the character concept further!

I'll keep the archive here updated.

Note that this thread is reserved for OCs, another one should be made so that headcanon and possible backstories for canons with little / vague background can be elaborate!

List of Characters to Discuss:

[EMPTY FOR NOW]

Note: Just so that no one is lost, please quote the character's name or add him in the title of your response.
Also, when creating a Character, please change the post's title to reflect what you're creating~
Signature? What is this you speak of?
NekomimiRex
Dìxiān
Dìxiān

Shibata no Ono | Cursed Axe OC

Postby NekomimiRex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:19 am

Been messing around with ideas for an OC with a cursed weapon. Trawled danbooru for weapons that weren't swords because cursed swords are lame and overly common
Found this after awhile: http://i.imgur.com/zVrhhgm.jpg

Not sure if I should do anything with it, or with the idea. I've been juggling around lots of ideas lately. Most of the ideas with that OC center around the axe corrupting the user or being bloodthirsty or a combination.

EDIT: I think I'll go ahead with it. Shibata no Ono (柴田 斧 Axe of Shibata) will be based on an axe used by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuie_Shibata who is portrayed often to use axes. I'll probably think of some way to make it more corrupt and evil as well. The axe will become a Tsukumogami and it's humanoid form will hassle anyone it gets to use the axe, to make sure they don't leave the axe behind.
Marisa ☆ Yoshika ☆ Kogasa
Azami Zatsusei ☆ Hikari Kazeka ☆ Jade Suishohi ☆ Kioku Danpen
Tama
NekomimiRex
Dìxiān
Dìxiān

Re: Character Workshop : Character Ideas Thread -- OCs

Postby NekomimiRex » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Some brainstorming for a new OC or two

-Make a goddess character that is chaotic and destructive in some way. Base it of Callistra from Pathfinder maybe? A vengeful goddess who causes mischief, may be associated with thieves or the like, maybe associated with an animal of some kind.
-Or just make a similar youkai character? could be associated with mirrors. Maybe a cursed mirror.

-Remake Rei Fukou, base it off that myth about the suicidal schoolgirl that haunts people, make her not the most passive character ever

-One day I will have good ideas for Amaterasu, maybe the day I learn to spell her name.
Marisa ☆ Yoshika ☆ Kogasa
Azami Zatsusei ☆ Hikari Kazeka ☆ Jade Suishohi ☆ Kioku Danpen
Tama
flarp22
Magician
Magician

Re: Character Workshop : Character Ideas Thread -- OCs

Postby flarp22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am

NekomimiRex wrote:-One day I will have good ideas for Amaterasu, maybe the day I learn to spell her name.

Borrow heavily from this particular one, that's my suggestion. :V

Return to “Character Workshop”