Im kinda lost...

This is for any questions, queries, suggestions, ideas, etc. of a technical nature.
If you have any technical issues regarding the forums, the wiki, or IRC, then here is where to get help.

Moderators: Nazeo, Bai Ze, fauxm, BlueSky, Moderators

Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Im kinda lost...

Postby Firefluff » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 pm

First and foremost, I would like to ask if this site is still being used by people (I saw something about it being dead, I don't know). Secondly, I wasn't able to post a new topic in the application thread, I don't know if there is a reason for that or not. Third, I did try downloading IRC, but found that it would expire in 30 days if it was not payed for. I do wish to be part of the RPing community, but I don't think that I would be able to use IRC due to lack of funds. So, for all intents and purposes, does the web client linked in the main page work for that, or am I basically screwed?
cxl
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Im kinda lost...

Postby cxl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 pm

First of all: Hello, and welcome!

Yes, this place is still alive - we over-dramatize things sometimes, hence the "dying" part.

Now, on to your questions:

The application: First you should post a thread here and get approved, then we'll open up the other forums for you. If that is in fact where you can't post, then either come bug me on IRC or send me a PM and I'll see if I can get it sorted out.

As for IRC: The webchat should work, but I can't say anything specific as it's Nazeo and not me who set it up. However, there are free IRC clients available (I'm guessing you tried mIRC).
These would be:

If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask~
sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

Return to “Tech Support”