Tewi Inaba | Canon

This is where completed / rejected / abandoned character applications will be kept, for reference purposes. If your thread has been moved here and you feel this was an error, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

Moderators: Patches, Moderators

MissCatnip
Outsider
Outsider

Tewi Inaba | Canon

Postby MissCatnip » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 am

Name: Tewi Inaba
Species: Youkai Rabbit

History:
Tewi, when she was still a normal rabbit, once tricked some wanizame into being used as a land bridge in order to travel from the Island of Oki to Cape Keta. A Cape Keta is now identified with the Hakuto Coast in present-day city of Tottori. The last shark attacked her, ripping her fur off. Luckily, Ōkuninushi and his eighty brothers were traveling through the Inaba region to woo Princess Yakami of Inaba. While the brothers were on their way to visit the princess, the wounded Tewi stopped them and asked them for help. Rather than helping her, they told her to wash in the sea and dry itself in the wind, which naturally caused it great pain. In contrast Ōkuninushi, unlike his quarreling elder brothers, told Tewi to bathe in fresh water from the mouth of a river, and then roll in the pollen of cattails. Her body was restored to its original state, and after its recovery, turned Tewi into a Youkai. In gratitude, she helped Ōkuninushi, the lowest born in the family, that he would help him marry Princess Yakami. Eventually, Tewi settled in the bamboo forest, staying there for many years and was eventually trapped inside Gensokyo when the barrier was erected.
Tewi usually is known to be the Rabbit of Good Fortune, bringing good luck to humans who passed by her. It could be possible that people have rumored that Tewi herself was the White Rabbit of Inaba! After many years of taking care of her health, and living for so long... She became a youkai rabbit. She lived in a bamboo forest before Eientei was built. This bamboo forest was known to be called the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, or rather, "The Tall Grass Cluster". Tewi knows about this information fully. She spent most of her time there, playing tricks on passerbys, helping the lost, and relaxing in the bamboo forest. Primarily though, she watched over the rabbits that lived there, who weren't nearly as old as her. As for Eientei, Tewi knows that it's always been there, despite Kaguya hiding it over time. It only took a few hundred years for Tewi to present herself to Kaguya, in order to benefit the other rabbits. The two made a deal so that Eirin could give the rabbits her knowledge. The deal went very well, in result, as Tewi also does her very hardest to do most of the jobs assigned to her from Reisen, as well as to protect Eientei. In the Monthly Lunar Festival, Tewi watched the events as she was looking after the rabbits who were pounding mochi with their hammers. When Eirin figured out who the culprit behind unrest was, Tewi mocked the earth youkai's failed attempts on invading the moon.

Personality:
Tewi is a small, but prideful youkai rabbit. Well, even if she was the leader of the many rabbits who guarded at Eientei, she will do her best to complete a mission, or a task, assigned by Reisen. If she doesn't really choose to listen to Reisen, she could do other things to spare her time, like being carefree, or she would get one of the other rabbits to do the job instead. As well, she would prank Reisen in her free time, as to avoid getting caught from avoiding work. If she does listen to Reisen, she would be more serious, and never slack off on serious business. She would also act like she was the boss of everyone. But when she is not busy, however, she is a lighthearted and playful youkai rabbit! But, despite her old age, she would do other childish things, such as lie, or steal something if she likes said item a lot. The only way to convince her to give back the stolen item, or persuade her to not reveal a secret to anyone else, is with money. She is not easily persuaded, and will get rather picky on her money, however it is best to give her a bunch of money... Mostly yen. Like hundreds of yen for the most part.

Powers:
She's enlightened, having keen instincts and a quick wit, she's hard to fool. She also has knowledge of things that she has no way to know, such as the existance of Eientei. In addition, she has the ability to manipulate luck, making other people and herself incredibly fortunate. One example is her being restored to full health and turned into a youkai, or when she helps lost travelers find their way out of the Bamboo Forest. She can only really grant or bestow good fortune to others temporarily, whereas she is generally a lucky rabbit.

Relations:
Reisen Udongein Inaba:
Tewi's known her for a while, as a fellow rabbit who serves under Eirin. Reisen would act like she is Tewi's superior-- Tewi probably hates that, but it's completely up to her to decide whether she would listen to Reisen or not. Tewi will also pull pranks on Reisen, as she is the unlucky rabbit to fall for them.

Eirin Yagokoro:
After a few hundred years, she made a deal with Eirin. That deal was to defend Eientei, while Eirin imparts her knowledge to the rabbits. Eirin is Tewi's ally, employer, and teacher, but Tewi addresses to her as "master". Eirin knows about Tewi's importance to Eientei, and her control of the rabbits, and despite her childish pranks on Reisen, she knows Tewi is there for when they really need her for her duties on any circumstance.

Gensokyo's youkai rabbits:
Tewi is basically the master of these rabbits. It could be either a result, or a sign of Tewi's power and enlightenment. She knows about every single youkai rabbit currently living in Gensokyo, but it doesn't stem the rabbits' physical connection.
Last edited by MissCatnip on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Tewi Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:49 am

Hello and welcome to another episode of: Fluff Does a Thing! I'll be your host, Firefluff. Let's get started~

To kick things off, I like that you included a bit of mythology in your app, most new people seem to just kludge some random nonsense into the form of an app, and well, that's no good. Now, admittedly, this is a pretty short application, especially given how old Tewi is. Although, I won't pick on the backstory that much, despite its length since it covers most of the bases. However... I am a little worried about the shortness of the personality section. If possible, could you expand on it a little bit? Personality is arguably the most important part of the application itself, since you'll probably want to refer to that when you roleplay. If you'd like, I can link you to some other applications so you can see the average amount of information that should be present in your personality section.

This part also isn't that important, but I'd like you to expand a little on the power section as well. Just give me things like... how she'd use the power practically, what are its limitations? Basically, just how the power in general functions, y'know?

Other than those two points, I suppose the app is alright. Poke me again over IRC when you've beefed up the personality section and the power section~
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Tewi Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:28 am

Better. Definitely better. While I still see a lot of things wrong with this, I think it can work well enough for now. I'd recommend adding more information to this, as well as fixing the parts that don't make sense/have some form of grammatical errors when you get around to it. But for now...

Accepted

Return to “Archive”