Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

This is where completed / rejected / abandoned character applications will be kept, for reference purposes. If your thread has been moved here and you feel this was an error, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

Moderators: Patches, Moderators

Kiri
New Arrival
New Arrival
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Kiri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Image
Name: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Gender: Female
Species: Tsukiusagi (moon rabbit)
Age: 63
Birth Date: September 20, 1951
Location: Eientei
Power: Wave Manipulation (Species-specific), Lunatic Eyes (Learned)
Danger Level: Medium
Power Level: Medium
Friendship Level: Normal
History:
Reisen was born only around 63 years ago. She was a moon rabbit, and as thus her growth was slower than a human’s or an ordinary rabbit’s, and she was a fairly shy girl. Born to an upper-class family, for Lunar Rabbits, she had the equivalent the Lunarians had to a 2014 lifestyle for the working class. When she was born, she had 17 brothers and sisters, a small family for a Lunar Rabbit, and she was regarded as a miracle of birth, as many thought she would never actually be born successfully. However, after she was born, her mother was taken away to be given as a gift to a Lunarian family, for a pet. So, as she grew up, her family sent her to school - a school which taught the rabbits the basics of Lunarian technology and history, within a few years; just enough that she knew about practical operations and mathematics. She was always alone at school, however, never feeling much comfort around the other rabbits.

As Reisen grew up, she was somewhat cheerful, and loved playing with her brothers and sisters – the ones that didn’t go out to work for Lunarian factories, armies, or other similar occupations. She had many a happy day playing hide and seek with the youngest older brother she had. As she grew older, she got into reading books more than playing children’s games, and became somewhat of an intellectual. Unfortunately, a childhood like this couldn’t last forever, even for a Lunar Rabbit. One day at the young age of 15, Reisen woke up to a seemingly normal Lunar day, and her family had begun to eat breakfast when suddenly, someone knocked at the door. Her father went to answer it, and while no-one saw what happened, her father had began to pack up his belongings and get ready to move. The next day, he was gone. Later, Reisen heard that her father had been chosen as a pet for a high-class Lunarian, who treated him like dirt, from his own telepathic messages to her.

Soon, the family learnt to live on their own. Some of Reisen’s brothers and sisters that hadn’t already went into work; others decided to begin stealing and got caught. For this reason, Reisen and her family came under close watch by Lunarians, who didn’t want the caste that they had designated as servants to mis-step, or even do anything that the humans would do such as steal, even though they were being hypocrites and doing such a thing. Reisen, however, merely went into working for a factory; to be more specific, a Mochi factory, which created the tasty treat through work by Lunar Rabbit slaves. She was still scrutinized to a high degree, however, as Lunarians are inherently suspicious of any Lunar Rabbits who have criminal family. Furthermore, the Lunarians in charge of the factory were obsessed with purity of taste, and if they tasted anything they didn’t like, as they occasionally went around and did taste tests, they flogged the rabbit to near-death. As such, Reisen learnt to perfect her recipe with tips from the nearby rabbits that she met.

As time went on, Reisen rose through the ranks, becoming a trusted Lunar rabbit, even by the standards of Lunarians. Within 2 years, she had become a trusted member of the factory, befriending many of the other Lunar Rabbits and even getting a raise for her pay. She even managed to impress the Lunarians with her grasp of making the Mochi. With many friends in the workplace, she managed to have a balanced and healthy life; talking with workplace friends, and her family at home, let her live the good life, at least for a rabbit in slavery in all but name. But it didn’t last for long; soon, there was the Lunar War.

When the first news came to the Lunar Capital of the war, the warriors mobilized, preparing to fight against the humans who came to the moon on the premise of war; the war would start in a few months. But before Reisen could fight, she was whisked off against her will to become a pet – not an ordinary one, mind you, but the pet of the sages of Luna, the Wakatsuki sisters, who trained her in the use of the Lunatic Eyes and to increase her species’ natural wave manipulation powers. The sisters treated her well, but one day, Reisen heard from her chambers the Sisters speaking with each other about sending her to war. Reisen panicked. She fled through the palace, looking for something - anything - to get her away from the moon, before she stumbled onto a Lunar Veil.

The Lunar Veil in. She flew towards her destination - Earth - and down to Gensoukyou, breaking through the barrier with the veil; it almost seemed like a dream. She touched down in a courtyard in a mansion which was in the middle of a forest of bamboo stalks, Eientei, and deactivated the Lunar Veil, waking up. looking around When the residents of Eientei ran out to the courtyard where she touched down, Reisen reacted with surprise to the appearance of Eirin Yagokoro, the accomplice of Kaguya Houraisan, as well as the princess herself. Then, she decided not to judge, and asked if they would grant her asylum.

This worried the residents of Eientei, since they thought she could be a spy or an attempt by the Lunarians at an attack, although they did grant her asylum - on the condition that Reisen worked under Eirin and would be Kaguya's pet, which she reluctantly accepted. Reisen was trained, and eventually Eirin told her the truth of the matter and what happened with Luna: that Earth had no real chance against them. Reisen didn’t care though; it felt all too real to her. She simply continued to train under Eirin. But soon enough, the mating season had come, and Eirin decided to bring Reisen out into the bamboo forest of the lost to see the young babies and help them be born. When Reisen helped one rabbit, in human form, birth their child, Eirin noticed something peculiar: she wore a small smile.

From then on, whenever they had a chance, they would put the lunar rabbit near children to calm her if she was angered or cold around them, and eventually, they managed to get her to open up to them more, and realised she wasn't a spy – she would no longer fear speaking out on her emotions. She had become almost normal again. But if someone threatened her friends, she would become as cold as ice, willing to attack and kill any who threatened the peace. She watched over the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, as time went on, until the incident of the full moon. After this, she became Eirin’s assistant in medical practices for profit, essentially a nurse.

Powers:
Lunatic Eyes: Reisen's Lunatic Eyes are able to induce illusory visions on those who gaze into them, and see through illusions as well. Initially, Reisen had no control over the eyes, until she was taught control by her masters, the Wakatsuki sisters. When unleashed, these eyes cause the viewers’ brainwaves to go haywire, conjuring up images of the person's greatest fear, and many other images that cannot be unseen, in the viewer's mind, although these visions, if used on one who is greatly insane already, to a degree not seen by most in Gensokyo, will do nothing to their mindset; they can also make people act greatly irrationally. If leashed, however, they can be used to a degree to create illusions of a physical nature, using light and sound waves to create false sounds or visions.
Telepathy: As a moon rabbit, Reisen has telepathy which can be used to speak with all sorts of other moon rabbits. She can speak to ones on the moon, even. Her telepathy is fairly skilled for a rabbit, however.

Personality:
One moment warm and welcoming, if a bit shy, and cold and professional the next, Reisen is a kind person, yet her training for the Lunar Corps by the Sisters stuck with her nearly forever. Most of the time, she seems serious, with a neutral face and big doe eyes, but on the inside, Reisen is a kind person. She learnt, however, that it was good to hide your emotions while battling from her former owners, in case she needed to fight an intruder to the palace, and stuck to it, showing no emotion when she killed or was in a spell card battle. She also leashes her Lunatic Eyes, as she believes that unleashing them will cause those who stared into them to go on a rampage, attacking the others who lived in the land of Gensokyo. She knew the dangers of Gensokyo, and still refused to unleash her Eyes. Further, she doesn't have much of a sense of humor when rabbits are brought up in jokes. She is punctual, however, so ask her to do something and she’ll do it on the dot.

When surrounded by her friends, in Eientei, she tends to act fairly kind towards them, even sometimes doing things with Tewi that she wants to do with her. However, while alone, Reisen will sometimes sing to herself, and occasionally dances to the songs she sings; the people in Eientei watch her, though. She is also a bit of a cry-baby, and will say 'UWAH' when chased by her natural predators.

Reisen does, however, have a soft spot for children, although she hasn't seen many actual children in ages, due to most children in Gensokyo being Youkai or Fairies. If she were to meet a normal human child, she would without question be happy. She has a habit of jumping to conclusions on a person or youkai from their appearances or even from simply viewing them. She occasionally misplaces objects when she handles them, and then right after forgets where they are.

Relationships:
Good friends:
Eirin: Eirin may have been the one to give Reisen the Lunatic Eyes, but she was also one of the few to help her control them and console her.
Kaguya: Kaguya is a lunarian, and Reisen views her as a good friend, even if Kaguya doesn't view Reisen as one.
Tewi: Tewi may like to mess around with Reisen a lot, but she truly does care for her. As such, Reisen views her as a friend.
Minor friends:
Friendly Enemies:
Reimu: Reimu is considered an enemy of hers due to the mess she created by attempting to stop the plan her masters had. However, Reimu and Reisen can help if they need to.
Marisa: Marisa is an enemy for a similar reason to Reimu, except also because she steals from others. However, Marisa is also a tentative ally when Reisen needs her help.
Mokou: Mokou may have a hatred relationship with Kaguya, but Reisen has no qualm with her. This means that at times, the two talk.

Hobbies:
Reisen spends time cleaning her guns, calibrating them, and shooting them at the firing range, as well as exercising. She also likes to read the occasional human science fiction book, which she admits that she likes better than Lunarian books because most Lunarians honestly don’t dream that big, since they believe they already have a good grasp on the universe.

Trivia:
Reisen prefers to go by the spell card rules, although she won't hesitate to bring out the big guns - and when one is a former resident of the moon, big guns are big - when the time is needed.

Reisen’s favourite food is Mochi, as moon rabbits tend to make Mochi and feed on it to a large degree. She, like other rabbits, is allergic to carrots, and won’t hesitate to stop others from feeding her them – in fact, she finds being offered a carrot offensive, and will ignore the one who offered it to her for a while until they apologise.
Last edited by Kiri on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
User avatar
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Uh... I hate to break it to you, but Reisen's Lunatic Eyes are a learned ability taught to her by the Watatsuki sisters. But speaking of the backstory, it is a tad...rushed, it seems. If possible, try adding things about her life on Luna, dealing with the strict rules of the capital.

(And as a note, I'm pretty sure she smiles often in canon.)

Work on that stuff, and I'll take a look at this again.
Image
Kiri
New Arrival
New Arrival
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Kiri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:23 am

Firefluff wrote:Uh... I hate to break it to you, but Reisen's Lunatic Eyes are a learned ability taught to her by the Watatsuki sisters. But speaking of the backstory, it is a tad...rushed, it seems. If possible, try adding things about her life on Luna, dealing with the strict rules of the capital.

(And as a note, I'm pretty sure she smiles often in canon.)

Work on that stuff, and I'll take a look at this again.

Got it. I've worked on it.
User avatar
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 am

So, as she grew up, her family raised her and taught her math, science, telepathy, and literature, as the Lunar Rabbits had no school, and taught their family what they had learnt their own time.

This doesn't particularly make sense. Granted, on Luna, rabbits are akin to servants. But it wouldn't do to have absolute morons for the servants of Lunarians. Especially the rabbits that are in the defense corps. No, I'm sure that Lunarians would have schooling for the rabbits.

One day at the young age of 15, Reisen woke up to a seemingly normal Lunar day, and her family had begun to eat breakfast when suddenly, without warning, a group of Lunarians burst into their house, and grabbed onto her father, dragging him away without any explanation.

Again, while they are servants, and usually not treated very well, the Lunarians have cleaner ways of doing things. It would have been more of an assignment than a kidnapping.

--The sisters treated her well, but one day, Reisen found an ancient artefact in one of the chambers of their home, and unknowingly activated it.

This artefact was a malicious one, however; it had been sealed from the outside world for a reason, trapped within the palace of the sages where hopefully no-one would find it. The artefact began to feed her whispers of a world where humans were killing Lunarians, where the Lunar War was a serious threat. Reisen eventually panicked, and decided to run from the sisters to help the capital; what followed was an elaborate illusion plastered onto her soul of a war between Lunarians and Humans, with devastation all over. This illusion also helped her become a natural at destruction. But this couldn’t last forever. Soon enough, Reisen broke, and decided to flee, after too much killing, and insanity causing – even though the killing was imaginary – and she contacted any rabbit in range to ask for help to get off the moon, desperate as she was.

For one, I don't think that such an artifact would exist, what's the point of it? And secondly, the Lunar was was a very short one that had little exchange of fire, so that whole section is... off. Besides, the humans would be massively outmatched in such a confrontation, hence why they ended up backing down.

Soon, the rabbit had pinged all those within range to ask for an escape route to the moon. The person within range, however, offered to get her down. That person was Eirin, who had discovered a way to speak with lunar rabbits without requiring telepathy. Eirin gave Reisen instructions, which the rabbit followed, her face no longer caring or warm. She did, however, give the rabbit conditions: She must become her student, and the pet of Kaguya Houraisan. Hesitantly, Reisen accepted, and followed the instructions. Even though the rabbit was still in the palace, the instructions she followed brought her to a rocket to Earth. When she entered this rocket, which appeared the traditional Lunarian way, the Lunar Rabbit followed Eirin’s instructions further, to bring her down to Earth – to Gensokyo.

You see, that's not how it works in canon. Reisen left without telling anybody (aside from a few rabbits maybe) on a lunar veil, without Eirin's knowledge. She showed up at Eientei and asked to stay there, iirc. Eirin was very iffy about that as well, thinking that she may have been a spy.

You have a lot of things to work on, it looks like.
Image
Kiri
New Arrival
New Arrival
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Kiri » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Firefluff wrote:
So, as she grew up, her family raised her and taught her math, science, telepathy, and literature, as the Lunar Rabbits had no school, and taught their family what they had learnt their own time.

This doesn't particularly make sense. Granted, on Luna, rabbits are akin to servants. But it wouldn't do to have absolute morons for the servants of Lunarians. Especially the rabbits that are in the defense corps. No, I'm sure that Lunarians would have schooling for the rabbits.

One day at the young age of 15, Reisen woke up to a seemingly normal Lunar day, and her family had begun to eat breakfast when suddenly, without warning, a group of Lunarians burst into their house, and grabbed onto her father, dragging him away without any explanation.

Again, while they are servants, and usually not treated very well, the Lunarians have cleaner ways of doing things. It would have been more of an assignment than a kidnapping.

--The sisters treated her well, but one day, Reisen found an ancient artefact in one of the chambers of their home, and unknowingly activated it.

This artefact was a malicious one, however; it had been sealed from the outside world for a reason, trapped within the palace of the sages where hopefully no-one would find it. The artefact began to feed her whispers of a world where humans were killing Lunarians, where the Lunar War was a serious threat. Reisen eventually panicked, and decided to run from the sisters to help the capital; what followed was an elaborate illusion plastered onto her soul of a war between Lunarians and Humans, with devastation all over. This illusion also helped her become a natural at destruction. But this couldn’t last forever. Soon enough, Reisen broke, and decided to flee, after too much killing, and insanity causing – even though the killing was imaginary – and she contacted any rabbit in range to ask for help to get off the moon, desperate as she was.

For one, I don't think that such an artifact would exist, what's the point of it? And secondly, the Lunar was was a very short one that had little exchange of fire, so that whole section is... off. Besides, the humans would be massively outmatched in such a confrontation, hence why they ended up backing down.

Soon, the rabbit had pinged all those within range to ask for an escape route to the moon. The person within range, however, offered to get her down. That person was Eirin, who had discovered a way to speak with lunar rabbits without requiring telepathy. Eirin gave Reisen instructions, which the rabbit followed, her face no longer caring or warm. She did, however, give the rabbit conditions: She must become her student, and the pet of Kaguya Houraisan. Hesitantly, Reisen accepted, and followed the instructions. Even though the rabbit was still in the palace, the instructions she followed brought her to a rocket to Earth. When she entered this rocket, which appeared the traditional Lunarian way, the Lunar Rabbit followed Eirin’s instructions further, to bring her down to Earth – to Gensokyo.

You see, that's not how it works in canon. Reisen left without telling anybody (aside from a few rabbits maybe) on a lunar veil, without Eirin's knowledge. She showed up at Eientei and asked to stay there, iirc. Eirin was very iffy about that as well, thinking that she may have been a spy.

You have a lot of things to work on, it looks like.

Alright, I've worked on and fixed things.
User avatar
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 am

Yeah... One last thing, and I know I mentioned this to you on the IRC: there was no rocket. Reisen used a Lunar Veil to get to Earth.
Image
Kiri
New Arrival
New Arrival
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Kiri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:41 am

Firefluff wrote:Yeah... One last thing, and I know I mentioned this to you on the IRC: there was no rocket. Reisen used a Lunar Veil to get to Earth.

Alright, I redacted mention of a rocket.
User avatar
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Re: Application: Reisen Udongein Inaba | Canon

Postby Firefluff » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Good Enough
Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron