New Canon Addition! [Important, so read it, yeah?]

This is the place to talk about Edge of Perspective itself - our goals, plans, and the people who make them possible

Moderators: null, Nazeo, Moderators

Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

New Canon Addition! [Important, so read it, yeah?]

Postby Firefluff » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Okay, so basically, we're doing a thing. What kind of thing, you ask? Weeeeeell~ we consider ourselves to be a Touhou based roleplay, right? Yes... a Touhou BASED roleplay. Today, we are introducing another roleplay canon in addition to Touhou: Kantai Collection. Yes, these characters are now playable in the outside world!

"Well, how exactly is that supposed to work?"

That is a good question. Essentially, nothing about our current canon has changed other than the fact that ship girls can be a thing. The basis of them in our canon is that a symbiotic youkai is resurrecting sunken ships due to the amount of negativity surrounding them. These are the Abyssal ships that threaten to destroy the things that cross them. In order to combat this, the Hanseatic League has enlisted the help of a similar youkai of the fallen and forgotten to resurrect ships who can be used to fight against the Abyssal class ships.

"What even are ship girls?"

They are basically just youma/spirit construct, created by the youkai of the fallen and forgotten that embody the ship before it was sunk. They can't actually use danmaku or spellcards in the same way that a youkai could, but they can 'summon' guns/cannons/planes/etc.

"I don't actually know anything about Kantai Collection."

Considering the fact that there is even LESS canon for Kantai Collection than Touhou, it will take you like 10 minutes to learn things. And, of course, if you don't know something, cxl and myself would be the people to ask.

"How do I play a ship?"

Easy! All you do is make an app for them like normal. Now, since they haven't existed as youma for terribly long at all, they probably won't have much in the way of backstory, unless you want to summarize their military records or something before getting sunk. Really, all you really need are personality, power (specifications), and relationships sections. If you don't know a ship's specifications? The actual ship's wiki page should be able to provide that to you.

"Can I play Abyssal ships?"

Well sure you can! They are on the other side of the conflict, but they are equally playable. There is even less canon on them, but you can always work out headcanons on them regarding our own canon with myself and cxl. And, as a note, you can play on both sides of the conflict if you really want to.

"How does this affect the Touhou canon?"

Well, it doesn't, really. Remember, this is in the outside world, so for now, there's no changes to Gensoukyou itself.

We're calling on all you users to take some of these characters so that we can get things moving! Don't be afraid, ask questions, and get out there and join the fray!
Firefluff
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be. When I'm not there, you can find me on the IRC

Taken Ships

Postby Firefluff » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Fluff:

*Nagato
*Souryuu
*Kaga
*Murasame
*I-19
*Hiei
*Tatsuta (Maybe.)
*Midway-Hime

cxl: